PAE Presentation Contest2016 Video Abstract Instructions
2016 Video Abstract Instructions
For your video abstract, you must record a short video (1-2 minutes) with your mobile phone or other simple video camera. The video is an overview of the ideas you are going to talk about in the presentation. This video will be evaluated together with your outline to determine if you are chosen as a finalist. For inspiration, check out some of the contestants from the previous competitions, beginning with last year’s at: www.hanyangprofessors.com/paepchome/.
In 1-2 minutes, explain the following:
- Which topic you have chosen (Question 1 or 2)
- The main points of your presentation
- What you want your audience to gain from your presentation
You will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Video Abstract (Positive body language and energy, Sincerity, and Professionalism)
- Outline ( Structure, Organization, Clear (introduction, body and conclusion)
- Content (clarity of ideas presented, the video summarizes the outline submitted)
- Thoroughness, Descriptiveness, Interest, and Thoughtfulness
- Overall appeal ( Uniqueness, *Originality, Overall Impression and feeling)
Video Upload Requirements
- Appropriate attire
- Stand up, clear full body of applicant, no side profile, facing the camera.
- Horizontal, not vertical video.
- Resolution: Between 720x480-1280x720 (standard resolution for an iPhone)
- Good sound quality- you must be heard clearly (check that you can hear it)
- Time: 1-2 minutes long
- Name the file so that your video will match your application online (Student#_Student name)
- Use the PAEPC Application and Video Upload form to submit your entire application ONE TIME ONLY
*Any presentations or submissions suspected of plagiarism will be disqualified.